Natural Rubber Smoke Sheets -
Natural rubber smoke sheet (RSS) is a high-quality form of natural rubber that is produced by coagulating the latex of the rubber tree (Hevea Brasiliense’s) using acetic acid or formic acid. The coagulated latex is then rolled into sheets and smoked in a smokehouse, which gives the rubber its distinctive dark color and improves its physical properties.
RSS is a standardized form of natural rubber that is widely used in the manufacture of various products, including tires, conveyor belts, hoses, and other industrial goods. It has excellent tensile strength, elasticity, and abrasion resistance, making it ideal for use in applications that require high durability and performance.
The quality of RSS is determined by its physical properties, such as its dirt content, ash content, volatile matter content, and nitrogen content. The International Rubber Quality and Packing Conference (IRQC) has established standards for RSS that specify the acceptable ranges for these properties, as well as the methods for testing and grading the rubber.
In addition to RSS, there are other forms of natural rubber, including ribbed smoked sheet (RSS), air-dried sheet (ADS), and latex concentrate (LC). Each form has its own unique properties and is suited for different applications.
Types of Natural Rubber Smoke Sheet -
Here are some common types of natural rubber smoke sheet:
- RSS1: This type of natural rubber smoke sheet has a pale yellow color and a high-quality texture. It is produced by air-drying the latex in thin sheets and smoking it over a fire for several days. It has good elasticity and is widely used in the manufacture of tires, conveyor belts, and other rubber products.
- RSS2: This type of natural rubber smoke sheet has a darker color and a slightly lower quality than RSS1. It is produced by hanging the latex sheets in a smokehouse and allowing them to dry and smoke for a longer period. It is commonly used in the manufacture of industrial products such as hoses, seals, and gaskets.
- RSS3: This type of natural rubber smoke sheet is produced by pressing the latex sheets together and smoking them for a shorter time than RSS1 and RSS2. It has a light-colored surface and a lower quality than the other two types. It is commonly used in the manufacture of footwear, adhesives, and other low-cost rubber products.
- RSS4: This type of natural rubber smoke sheet is similar to RSS3 but has a higher quality and a smoother surface. It is produced by pressing the latex sheets together and smoking them for a longer period than RSS3. It is commonly used in the manufacture of high-quality rubber products such as medical gloves and balloons.
- RSS5: This type of natural rubber smoke sheet is the lowest quality among the five types. It is produced by air-drying the latex sheets and smoking them over a fire for a short period. It is commonly used in the manufacture of low-cost rubber products such as floor mats and shoe soles.